Hi there! I’m Alex Holodak. A cloud guru and entrepreneur from Scotch Plains, New Jersey. I’m passionate about tech, politics, travel, gaming, and emerging businesses.
I’m the DevOps Director at Polyarc Games located in Seattle, WA. I work remotely from New Jersey and manage the studio’s build management process and developer operations. I support the team that brought us games like Moss and Moss: Book II (Winner of The Game Awards 2022 Best VR/AR Game).
Formerly, I was the Chief Technology Officer at DGDean. DGDean provides end-to-end technology and digital project management services to fast growing start-ups. My role focused on development operations, security, industry compliance (HIPPA / PCI), and cloud architecture. DGDean’s services also include multi-channel development, analytics, and Artificial Intelligence (AI). To DGDean’s clients, they are their technology department.
Thanks to a close partnership over the years with Loeb NYC, the premiere New York City start-up factory, DGDean grew to support various successful start-ups covering all business sectors. As an AWS Partner, DGDean leverages the cloud to accomplish amazing results for our clients every day.
In my previous role, as the Global Digital Manager at the NeuroLeadership Institute (a neuroscience-based coaching consultancy), I managed digital systems in North America and Europe, client-facing digital products, and personally built and launched NLI’s website back in 2014. Formerly, I worked as a Paralegal Assistant in the Patent Group for Perkins Coie LLP in Seattle, Washington. Before moving to Seattle in 2010, I was a Legal Assistant in estate planning for the Patel Law Offices in Iselin, NJ. In addition, I worked as Lead Technician and Consultant for SW Unlimited, which specializes in technology needs for people with disabilities. Working with SW Unlimited, we supported the Veterans Administration, helping veterans utilize these vital technologies.
I graduated Rutgers University in New Brunswick, NJ with a Bachelors Degree in Political Science and a minor in Sociology.
With an entrepreneurial focus, at age 17, I founded my first business by forming PC Authority LLC.
As an active participant in local civics, I ran for election to the Old Bridge Township Board of Education in April of 2006 at age 18. My commitment to community service led me to New Orleans to aid in Katrina Relief efforts through NJPIRG and Americorps in 2007.
Specialties: AWS Certified Solutions Architect and Cloud Practitioner. I am proficient in various aspects of computer repair, Windows and Linux: client and server configuration and administration, Mac OS X, network configuration & troubleshooting, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, MS Office, Adobe CC, NetSuite, Atlassian Confluence, Quickbooks, WordPress, Drupal, MySQL, web development (HTML5, CSS, PHP). I type approximately 85 words per minute.
I am experienced in patent procurement, patent litigation, estates, tax law, guardianship, and wills.
I currently live in Scotch Plains, NJ with my wife Amy and our two kids, Jack and Avery.
• Manages over 300 servers on AWS and Azure for a wide range of clients across multiple industries
• Performed as the Lead Cloud Engineer / SRE for Beeby Clark + Meyler (Energizer Product Holdings), RxSense, SingleCare, ScriptRelief, EverTransit, 3×3 Insights, ACE ComicCon, SingleComm, NKBA, MobiSave, and more.
• Supports web & mobile application DevOps needs, build tools, and cloud infrastructure
• Maintains compliance of PCI or HIPAA across applicable client cloud environments
• Leads complete migrations of established companies to the Cloud with no down-time
• Modernizes web application workloads for cloud auto-scaling, fault tolerance, and security best practices
• Manages Cloud spend regularly, utilizing AWS Savings Plans & Reserved Instances to reduce costs by 30%
• Directed incubator’s 24 x 7 offshore Network Operations Center before implementing PagerDuty for alert automation
• Currently operating Windows Server, Ubuntu Linux, AWS EC2, Cloudfront, RDS, S3, Elasticache, Elasticsearch Service, EC2 Container Services, Cloudformation, Cloudwatch, WAF, EFS, DataSync, Atlassian JIRA, Confluence, Jenkins, Bamboo, Octopus Deploy, Tableau Server, SQL Server, Aurora MySQL, WordPress, Drupal, Sitefinity, DataDog, and more.
• 2019 AWS Certified: Solutions Architect (Associate) and Cloud Practitioner
“I am writing this recommendation for Alex Holodak for several reasons, but first and foremost because he will be an asset to any company that he decides to join. I worked with Alex at a start up technology company that dealt with complete corporate infrastructure provisioning through AWS. Alex functioned as the focal point for all the infrastructure build requirements, provisioning and project management. His technical skill set focused on AWS infrastructure, management and problem solving, however by no means was limited to that specialization. He picked up new technologies and programming languages quickly and could coordinate applying that knowledge to achieving results in a fast paced and demanding environment.
Alex’s technical acumen is top notch, however I was more impressed with his leadership skills. He combines end to end accountability for results, fantastic people skills, masterful facilitation and political savvy to lead any team to their fullest potential.
I would highly recommend Alex to any company or business in need for a highly technical leader who understands business.”
“Alex is bright, energetic and extremely hard-working. He would be a valuable asset in any capacity.”
“Alex is an outstanding individual and a total professional. I have worked closely with Alex on various projects and he consistently excels in areas of resourcefulness, ingenuity, effective communication and especially; getting the job done. Alex is a very strong tangible asset that will immediately contribute to the bottom line. I strongly support and recommend Alex.”